JOB TITLE: Assistant General Manager/Director of Marketing
DEPARTMENT: General Manager
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Assistant General Manager/Director of Marketing at accesso ShoWare Center in Kent WA. Assistant General Manager/Director of Marketing will coordinate the day-to-day activities of the various departments within the facility under the General Manager's supervision. Helps to facilitate optimum efficiency, maximize profits and provide exceptional customer service by performing the following duties individually or through subordinate supervisors.
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist, consult and advise the General Manager on daily issues concerning all aspects of the building.
- Implement facility policies and goals in accordance with the management contract, client's objectives and corporate policy.
- Meet the department heads to review activity, operating, and sales reports. Determine changes to the program and/or operations and oversee implementation with the department heads. Develop and maintain a harmonious working relationship with all other departments.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers, promotors and tenants for necessary activities and services at the facility.
- Assist in the development of long-range plans and program objectives in accordance with the management contract and corporate policy.
- Ensure all codes, laws, ordinances, policies, procedures; risk management, safety precautions rules, regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Implement procedures with the departments to establish and maintain customer service standards that are designed to ensure a positive and professional image and generate repeat business.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and capital project budget for future repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Establish and maintain contact with booking agents, professional managers, promoters and others within the industry to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
- Conduct post-event operational and financial review and analysis.
- Coordinate, implement and administer personnel development/training and safety/emergency procedures.
- Review and approve all purchasing, travel and promotional expense activity.
- Work extended and /or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Rotate with other facility personnel to function as Manager on Duty (MOD), who maintains total responsibility and authority over all clients, staff personnel, patrons, security and safety in facility. Responsibilities include but are not limited to making sure contractual agreements are met and clients' event requirements and changes have been made in a timely fashion. On-duty staff/subcontractors ultimately report to the MOD through any Managers or Supervisors who are present during the event.
- Possess skills and experience negotiations, business law, labor relations, union contracts, purchasing procedures and supervising personnel.
- Engage in much decision making that is generally governed by procedure and guided by policy.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the practices and terminology of public relations programs, advertising, marketing and sales.
- Plan, coordinate and direct varied and complex administrative operations.
- Respond to crowd control and/or crowd management situations in a prompt and decisive manner during crisis situations.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines. Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other staff members.
- Must be computer literate using MS Office and other standard office equipment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of five (5) years' industry experience with at least three (3) of those years in a management function of an arena convention center or stadium; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.