Assists General Manager (AGM) in profitably managing aspects of the operation, including food and beverage, and retail. The Controller and HRreport directly to the GM but works closely with the AGM. Is the designated leader when the GM is not in the unit.
- Assists General Manager in establishing and implementing current and long-range objectives, plans and policies, capital plans, operational plans and operating budget. Assists General Manager in profitably managing aspects of the operation.
- Verifies and prepares reports as required and provides and administers effective system for cash, inventory and payroll. Oversees the recommendation and establishment of prices and services within approved profit plan. Directly accountable for budget and profitability of departments; controls labor and variable costs and with General Manager, develops financial objectives consistent with company objectives. Prepares and monitors department budgets.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations regarding liquor, sanitation, payroll, employment and EEO.
- Maintains proper implementation of sanitation procedures, ensures proper repair and maintenance of food service equipment.
- Oversees and coordinates the activities of management staff.
- Builds and maintains positive customer and client relations by providing efficient, quality services and products.
- Participates with Labor Relations in the development of strategies for the negotiation and ratification of union agreements; establishes effective relationship with union representatives.
We are seeking
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hospitality management role having wide scope at a unit or acting in a role that is equivalent to a GM of a smaller unit. Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or equivalent
- Operational financial management accountability and budgeting experiencerequired.
- Strong managerial skills required; demonstrated initiative, leadership and team building skills are essential
- Demonstration of communicating with various levels within the organization required.
- Strong commitment to customer and client service required.
- Experience in branded concepts preferred
- Labor relations experience strongly preferred if unit is unionized.
- Contract experiencepreferred.