The Assistant General Counsel must balance legal and business imperatives in overseeing a broad variety of matters, including, leasing, asset management, acquisitions and dispositions, contract negotiations, financings, redevelopment and dispute resolution in connection with a large and diverse portfolio of commercial real estate assets. The Assistant General Counsel will work closely with various functional groups and the legal team in connection with these matters.
- Assist with lease negotiations and lease documentation.
- Assist with tenant related issues.
- Handle various general assignments in connection with asset management, licensing, environmental matters, maintenance, real estate and contract administration.
- Assist with negotiating and advising on rights and obligations under a broad variety of contracts.
- Assist in the review and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and financing arrangements.
- Assist in redevelopment and land use matters.
- Communicate and coordinate matters with other RMR personnel.
- J.D. degree.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in real estate, real estate finance and transactional law, preferably at a mid-size or large law firm.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including general communications, contract drafting, legal writing, advocacy.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and to produce a high-quality work product.
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel minimally.
- Sound judgment, common sense, and excellent follow-through skills.