The Impact: You are responsible for providing legal oversight, counsel and processes to help SPGMI manage and maintain its agreements. You will primarily support the SPGMI Distribution and Channel Partnerships commercial, product and business teams.
This position requires a lawyer with knowledge of SPGMI's businesses and the ability to understand complex commercial arrangements and issues. You will ensure that SPGMI’s intellectual property and general practices are protected and liability and exposure is mitigated.
- Strategic thinker with an ability of instilling trust in teams.
- Responsible for legal oversight and advice on agreements and other matters impacting the our SPGMI products and services.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements, including but not limited to, complex distribution, channel partner and strategic agreements, customer agreements for SPGMI's products and services and data vendor agreements.
- Utilizing legal knowledge and skills to manage and mitigate the risk of disputes and breach by the company. Providing legal support for resolution of day to day matters relating to agreements and intellectual property matters, including resolution of disputes.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating boilerplate/standard forms (regulated, advisory, and software products) as needed and in response to changing markets and industry trends and practices.
- Responsible for enforcement of and training on appropriate policies and procedures.
- Involvement in variety of projects, including due diligence activities related to acquisitions and divestitures, archiving, and other projects as needed.
- Retain and manage outside counsel on specific legal matters as needed
- Requests for proposal and related assistance to the business
- Provide guidance with respect to and ensure compliance with applicable policies, including policies regarding licensing and branding.
- Law degree and over 6+ years of experience. Commercially aware lawyer with the capacity to assist the business in assessing risk.
- Ability to effectively navigate in a global, highly-matrixed organization, relationship building, and project management skills towards a broad constituency ranging from partners, customers, sales, functional and technical management.
- Strong working knowledge of contract, intellectual property law and an understanding of the laws of the jurisdictions where SPGMI does business. This includes protection of copyright and other proprietary rights, warranties, indemnification, disclaimer of liability and information reuse provisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to think outside of the box. General understanding of financial products and services.
- Ability to stay current with the dynamic industry trend and practices, as they relate to the financial industry, intellectual property, technology, etc.