Assistant General Counsel - Innovation Legal Group
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strategy-oriented attorney who embraces a dynamic transactional practice. You will be comfortable advising clients on multi-faceted issues involving business, operational and compliance aspects.
You will craft legal solutions that protect AIG from a complex set of risks presented by cutting edge technology issues, while simultaneously moving AIG’s business forward.
In this role, you will support AIG’s global businesses and corporate functions by:
- handling complex transactions involving innovative technologies such as blockchain/DLT, IoT, advanced telematics, AI/machine learning, 3-D printing and drones;
- researching and advising on novel legal issues related to innovative products, services and models, including with respect to autonomous vehicles, connected cities, connected homes, wearables, advanced data analytics and sharing economy;
- creating internal standards and practices with respect to development of innovative products and services;
- working side-by-side with AIG’s business and technical leaders to develop and offer innovative solutions to AIG’s customer base and individual consumers in over 80 countries across the globe;
- in this client-facing role, taking ownership of, and helping to promote, the GLCR Department's positive culture and reputation by providing a positive example; and
- serving as a thought leader in the community on specialized legal, regulatory, business and operational topics for internal and external stakeholders, including industry groups.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a J.D. degree from an accredited U.S. law school and license to practice law required.
- Have at least 5+ years of experience handling transactions, preferably on the sell-side representing technology vendors, with significant experience in advising on innovative products and services.
- Have excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Be nimble, responsive and customer-focused.
- Be excited about participating in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.