As our Assistant General Counsel in the Brand Services: Marketing & Nike Direct group, you will provide global strategic counseling for Nike’s Consumer Direct Offense. This role will primarily focus on consumer digital product counseling, with additional support for marketing & advertising, digital commerce, content and other related areas. You will also draft and negotiate commercial transactions in support of Nike’s Brand Marketing & Nike Direct organizations, including digital platform, licensing, vendor, advertising, media and marketing deals. You’ll address legal compliance issues related to digital products and platforms, brand marketing, and commerce in all media, and identify and address consumer data privacy and security and other related consumer regulatory issues. You’ll provide strategic analysis of global legal risks and set and drive policies and solutions to achieve business objectives efficiently across key geographies. You’ll prepare and deliver training designed to enhance compliance. You’ll work on a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment and engage with cross-functional teammates such as lawyers in other territories, privacy lawyers and analysts, government affairs, information security and various business groups. You will continually test and improve digital product and marketing compliance processes and surface and resolve issues that have significant brand and legal impact.
Requirements for the position include:
- Member, in good standing, of at least one U.S. State Bar and willingness to commit to membership in the Oregon State Bar
- 5-7 years’ experience in the practice of law with a significant focus on digital products, marketing, privacy and related consumer regulatory legal issues.
- Strong understanding of, and interest in, the technology, architecture and design that supports consumer digital products, and content and marketing.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve in the development of digitalexperiences
- Ability to successfully create and implement process in digital organizations
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Bias for action and ability to work independently within a multinational organization
- Results driven; proven experience leading strategic projects
- Law firm experience and experience in a corporate legal department of a consumer digital product or service company is preferred
- Experience advising on business practices in a global company is preferred.
- Proficient in related deal work, including digital agency, content production, creative services, paid media, licensing, SAAS and technology contacts, and how specific contract clauses affect digital products, marketing campaigns and partnerships
- Strong team player and ability to work cross-functionally in a complex organizational structure
- Sound risk assessment capabilities in rapidly evolving regulated areas
- Demonstrated ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and commercial risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00356500