Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
Delek US is looking for an experienced attorney to join the Corporate Law team at our Corporate HQ in Brentwood, TN (Nashville). The attorney in this role will advise the Company and senior leadership on corporate securities and public company matters.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and ensure Company compliance with governance-related requirements under State law, SEC rules and regulations, and NYSE listing standards
- Assist with all matters related to meetings of the Board of Directors and Board Committees, including preparation of meeting materials, resolutions, minutes and relevant research
- Provide advice and counsel on legal aspects of the SEC filings, including Annual/Quarterly Reports on Forms 10-K/Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, Section 16 Filings (Forms 3/4/5) and registration statements, financial and other communications, including earnings releases and investor presentations, and treasury and capital raising transactions
- Draft, and provide comments on drafts of, securities disclosures, including Annual/Quarterly Reports on Forms 10-K/Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, Section 16 Filings (Forms 3/4/5) and registration statements, financing and other agreements, investor presentations, other communication and related material
- Assist with drafting Proxy Statement and related materials for Company annual shareholder meeting and handle shareholder proposals
- Provide advice and counsel regarding subsidiary management and corporate recordkeeping
- Assist with development of corporate governance policies and related stakeholder advocacy, including preparation for meetings with Company’s top institutional investors during annual shareholder engagement
- Advise on relevant corporate governance, investor relations, insider trading and other public company policies and processes
- Monitor corporate governance trends and regulatory and legislative initiatives for impacts on Company
- Provide support for M&A activity and contracts review, when required.
- J.D. with strong academic performance
- Admission and good standing in at least one state (if not Tennessee, then eligibility for the Tennessee In-House Counsel Limited Licensure)
- J.D. & 6+ years Law Firm or similar in house securities role and public company matters
- Experience reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial agreements not required but a plus
- Ability to provide practical legal advice to business personnel at all levels of an organization
- Strong working knowledge of corporate, contract and federal securities laws
- Experience working effectively with senior level management
- Team player who is willing to pitch in wherever needed
- Comfortable and confident in thinking independently and making his/her own decisions
- Ability to quickly and accurately to recognize areas of risk/opportunity
- Excellent communication skills, both speaking and writing
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Well-organized and able to work on tight timelines while handling multiple projects
- Works well with both legal and business personnel