MISSION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are hiring an Assistant General Counsel, Corporate as a generalist within the Corporate Legal team, supporting all areas for which the team is responsible, including securities and capital markets, treasury, executive compensation, corporate governance, responsible growth and strategic acquisitions. Specifically, you will work closely with the VP Legal - M&A on M&A matters and other strategic investments, the Associate General Counsel, Securities, Corporate Governance and Finance on capital markets matters, and the Senior Corporate Paralegal and will be responsible for global subsidiary management. You will also be the primary legal point of contact for Coty’s Tax team.
You will report directly to the Senior Vice Present, Corporate Legal.
THE COTY IDEAL FIT
Our ideal candidate possesses the following skills and characteristics:
- Minimum of 4-7 years’ experience in a top tier law firm and corporate in-house department
- JD from a top-tier law school
- Experience with ’34 Act & ’33 Act and M&A required, and experience in early stage / venture capital investments and corporate governance a plus
- Ability to work across departments, time zones and cultures on complex projects
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, project management and communication skills
- Strong ownership, attention to detail and accountability; willingness to roll up sleeves for excellent execution
- Flexible and agile, with the desire to go the extra mile
- Strong potential to develop and evolve in a matrix organizational
- Self-awareness and growth mindset