Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world's leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 280,000 team members deliver innovative experiences and services in food, facilities management and uniforms to millions of people every day. We strive to create a better world by making a positive impact on people and the planet, including commitments to engage our employees; empower healthy consumers; build local communities; source ethically, inclusively and responsibly; operate efficiently; and reduce waste. Aramark is recognized as a Best Place to Work by the Human Rights Campaign (LGBTQ), DiversityInc, Black Enterprise and the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
Aramark is seeking an Assistant General Counsel at Aramark Headquarters in Philadelphia, supporting the Facilities line of business in the Legal Department at Aramark's headquarters in Philadelphia. This attorney will report to a Vice President & Associate General Counsel. More specifically, this Assistant General Counsel will:
- Draft and negotiate complex client and subcontractor/supplier agreements;
- Interpret contracts and advise clients on discrete contractual questions and commercial disputes;
- Work closely with sales and operations personnel to review and provide advice on requests for proposals and bid responses;
- Advise business to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local government regulations
- Advise business to ensure compliance with employment laws and company policies;
- Advise on bankruptcy, antitrust, intellectual property, environmental and other legal matters;
- Manage litigation, internal investigations, and responses to government inquiries;
- Manage outside counsel and oversee their work.
In addition to excellent written and oral communication skills, the preferred candidate will demonstrate first-rate analytical ability, strong initiative, and both interpersonal skills and client-service skills consistent with the highest professional standards. The preferred candidate will have all or most of the following attributes and experience:
- A seasoned and effective lawyer. Demonstrates a high degree of client acceptability, with a high level of confidence exhibited in client interactions. Possesses excellent client-service skills and an ability to interact with and effectively advise senior business leaders.
- Executive Presence. Demonstrates the ability to establish credibility at senior organizational levels and win respect from all organizational levels. In key client interactions, presents ideas logically, assertively and effectively. Facilitates consensus and uses it effectively to resolve conflict and overcome resistance.
- Strong and effective judgment. Thinks logically and exercises well-developed and independent judgment to produce creative and constructive solutions under pressure. Demonstrates experienced and seasoned strategic and analytic approach to solving clients' legal needs. Demonstrates professional and personal ethics and integrity.
- High-level creative problem solver. Handles and brings complex and sophisticated legal matters to a successful conclusion with minimal supervision. Can resolve, or lead the resolution of, critical legal issues faced by Aramark's lines of business with a focus on identifying and adding enterprise value.
- High level of industry. Shows a self-reliant work ethic and a high level of productivity and efficiency.
- Solid, self-assured leader. Demonstrates effective leadership skills and instincts. The preferred candidate will have experience managing the legal affairs of a substantial business or portion of a substantial business.
- Strong communicator and collaborator. Communicates and collaborates effectively and skillfully with colleagues and clients, both orally and in writing.
- Holds a J.D. with excellent academic credentials;
- Brings 5+ years' experience in a top law firm and/or sophisticated corporate legal department;
- Has a current Pennsylvania bar admission or admission in another jurisdiction with the ability and interest in becoming licensed to practice in Pennsylvania.