HKS is a team of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and other professionals working together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our research teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes--then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our operations team for our Dallas Headquarters is seeking an Assistant Facility Managerto work closely with the facilities team.
- Support and follow direction of the Facility Manager and others.
- Be able to work independently; follow established guidelines to accomplish tasks and solve any issues, provide recommendations for process improvements and ability to effectively present ideas and new process.
- Ability to plan, organize and schedule work flow.
- This position will require an individual with strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Position requires some afterhours and weekends.
- Acting as primary support for all facility related issues for a professional firm occupying eight floors of a high rise office building in downtown Dallas.
- Ensure office space is well maintained.
- Respond to facility inquiries and concerns
- Engage and coordinate with vendors that support the premises, including but not limited to scheduling services as appropriate to maintain premises, responsible for central equipment, premises related critical infrastructure, housekeeping and building services; Calling for service when needed and following up with vendors; Resolving any equipment issues; Ordering, organizing, and maintaining all facility supplies; Scheduling and supervising all office maintenance tasks; Assist with supporting space planning processes, management and coordination of all inter-office moves including the actual movement of boxes, PCs, etc.; Perform minor furniture repairs and configurations; Operate company van to transport files and other items between office and storage warehouse.
- Maintain files on work orders and proposals; Assist with reviewing and conducting facility inspections; Assist with sourcing vendors and obtaining quotes for projects.
- Respond to building and equipment alarms and emergency situations. Act as a conduit of information for upper management and communicate with all employees in emergency situations, power or other building service disruptions.
- Bachelordegree or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years commercial high-rise experience (with a 4-yeardegree); 8-10 years of experience if no degree.
- Knowledge of building systems (HVAC, Fire, Plumbing, Etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment and self-manage to perform job with little or no direction in some instances.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must possess a “can do” attitude.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Lifting and carrying 50 lbs. and stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs and a ladder will be everyday requirements.
- Must have a valid driver license with no offenses and be able to pass periodic random drug tests.