Our ideal candidate brings a strong background in power consulting, with experience in renewable energy preferred. The position will work with Area operations, Power Sector leadership, and program leads for independent engineering, owner's engineering, project development and power design to drive consulting program development across all service lines and client asset types.
This position provides consulting and project management support, primarily in the Power Sector but will support other market sectors depending on the nature of the assignment. With a focus on clients, networking externally, and developing leads, the position will provide strategic thinking in future directions for our clients and programs. This includes identifying market changes and anticipating their impacts to the business, pre-proposal visitations and supporting proposal preparation with technical and marketing staff and giving presentations. The position will also provide the ability to understand and leverage the skill sets of HDR subject matter experts to execute projects that are awarded.
- Possesses and maintains an understanding of how clients perceive their technical problems and can package HDR expertise as solutions to these problems. In turn, supports marketing (client development) leadership in crafting client capture plan strategies.
- Provides hands-on mentoring and team participation to create a bridge between business class technical resources and client requirements - acts as the customizing advisor to "configure" HDR resources in a manner expected by specific clients.
- Assistant Project Manager for IE/OE/design projects.
- Works with client development leadership to prioritize business development efforts.
- Identifies and develops opportunities to expand services to clients.
- Champions a quality culture, especially within production teams.
- Supports risk management activities for contract reviews and project deliverables - direct interface with legal department and business group leadership required.
- Supports technical messaging at professional organizations and industry events by delivering presentations on HDR's unique capabilities in the industry.
- Supports technical and advisory services leadership to identify and develop strategies for world-class services.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform non-routine tasks on multiple projects simultaneously; contribute to researching and writing concise technical documents; assist with diverse project s; and innovate and follow through to completion of all assigned and delegated tasks. This position requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as complete tasks within tight deadlines. Applicants must be detail-oriented, organized, effective communicators, and team players with a strong focus on quality and client service.
- Bachelor's of Science in Engineering
- 5 years of power industry experience, with renewable energy experience preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills for a broad range of audiences
- Strong conceptual, organizational, analytical, problem solving and research abilities
- Ability to support multiple complex and time sensitive projects effectively
- Identify and resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Recognize and understand big picture concepts while recognizing details that are important
- Fostering collaborative team attitudes
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work under and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with design and construction teams in a positive and proactive manner
- Ability to support business development and client delivery
- Master of Business Administration is preferred
- Prior consulting expereince and knowledge of project financing analysis is preferred