- Take a major role in the education, information, and direction to your assigned division concerning our wine category.
- Key involvement in the teams hiring and selection process, coaching, and issuance of corrective discipline.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all team personnel.
- Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts.
- Work in conjunction with Division Manager, Brand Development Manager, and Sales Representative to ensure effective execution of distribution, back bar presence, POS, drink features, staff training, promotions, pricing, programming, premium wells, catering, kitchen, wine list and wine by the glass.
- Work in conjunction with pricing and programming departments to ensure marketing structures are aligned (I.E. pricing, combos, flexes, incentives, etc.)
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
- Gain knowledge of key customer’s business operations and coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Coordinate multi-level, multi-department interface in larger properties various activities.
- Effectively service and merchandise assigned accounts.
- Be involved in activities with and around their accounts (IE: committees, functions, charityevents, etc.)
- Develop an effective partnership with accounts by building relationships and becoming the primary contact for the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
- Have extensive knowledge of the company’s products.
- Sell concepts and consult with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal means.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
- Submit prompt and accurate reports.
- Monitor inventory levels, vintage dates, and out of code product for assigned portfolio.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- This position is required to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field, Senior Management, and client partners.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry.