Olive-Harvey College is seeking a new Assistant Director of Research and Planning to join our team. Under general supervision, and reporting directly to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Assistant Director, Research and Planning is responsible for coordinating and conducting institutional research functions to provide information that supports institutional planning, policy formulation and decision making at the college.
- Provides research and analytic support to college leadership (President, Vice President), administrators, staff, and faculty with timely and relevant research, data analysis, data interpretation, and information to support the college's strategies to increase and improve institutional effectiveness and performance.
- Participates and collaborates with college administrators on strategic planning activities by compiling, analyzing and presenting institutional data to support assessment and decision making in various areas including academic program evaluation, student learning/program outcomes, student services, enrollment management, resource allocation, and staffing.
- Functions as an intermediary between college administrators and key District level staff on issues relating to the compilation and analysis of institutional data, performance data and other metrics to facilitate decision-making in such areas as policy formulation, resource allocation, enrollment management, performance management and strategic planning.
- Works collaboratively with college administrators in establishing benchmarks, key performance indicators, score cards, dashboards, and other metrics and performance measures.
- Provides statistical data to comply with reporting requirements from State agencies (i.e. Illinois Community College Board/ICCB) as well as federal agencies (i.e. U.S. Department of Education, National Center for Education Statistics/NCES).
- Responds to requests for data research and analysis to support the accreditation process, working with college administrators to identify, extract and report data from appropriate data systems (Data Warehouse, PeopleSoft). Compiles data from multiple sources (data systems, surveys, reports) for used in institutional self-study and accreditation by external agencies (i.e. Higher Learning Commission).
- Responds to internal requests for data to support specific data needs of college administrators, staff, faculty, and District level management by coordinating and providing data on topics such as student recruitment, admissions, enrollment, retention, financial aid, and completion rates.
- Designs and administers surveys (i.e. student and classroom surveys) and other data collection instruments; collects and analyzes data; and prepares narrative and statistical reports.
- Maintains statistical and other data for use in the preparation of reports, charts, tables and graphs that provide information on measures relating to institutional effectiveness.
- Analyzes complex data sets using research methods, quantitative and qualitative analyses and statistical techniques. Uses statistical software such as SAS in performing data analysis.
- Develops and presents workshops and training on the use and application of information technology systems and tools (i.e. Open Book), guiding college administrators and faculty on the processes for accessing data and information about the institution.
- A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Education or the Social or Behavioral Sciences (Sociology, Psychology, Economics) , or a related field of study
- Three years of relevant research experience, with demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods and statistics
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration based on the applicant's credentials
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
- Experience with higher education accreditation processes highly desirable
- Experience with statistical analysis software such as SAS highly desirable
- Experience in the assessment of student learning outcomes desirable
- Experience in the development of performance metrics and continuous improvement systems and tools desirable
- Familiarity with Access and SQL data query skills a plus
Valid Through: 2019-10-17