Assistant Director Research and Strategic Analysis
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, RESEARCH AND STRATEGIC ANALYSIS
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) fosters the creation and preservation of high quality affordable housing, while working strategically to revitalize neighborhoods and communities throughout the Empire State. Under the leadership of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas, HCR is a vibrant, innovative agency that integrates and leverages New York State?s housing resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard-working and committed to serving low and moderate income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multifamily housing finance, home improvement, rent regulation, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
Achieving this mission requires a wide range of skills and backgrounds in public policy, administration, real estate, architecture, finance, law and many other areas of expertise. We seek to provide a workplace environment that is productive, flexible, accountable, ethical and caring. Our employees are empowered to make a difference where they live and work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies.
The Research and Strategic Analysis team provides support to NYSHCR?s executive and program leadership in the areas of strategic planning, policy analysis and development, program and organizational performance, reporting, performance measurement, and decision-making. Using quantitative analytical research methods and strategies, the team aims to answers questions that are critical to the success of the organization and component programs and offices.
The Assistant Director, Research and Strategic Analysis is responsible for ensuring that data is effectively used to drive decision-making throughout New York State Homes and Community Renewal. Reporting to the Director, Research and Strategic Analysis, s/he is accountable for ensuring that management reports and analyses are accurate and timely and that the data is effectively utilized and integrated by the management team to drive program quality. He or she will also coordinate with outside researchers to build a body of knowledge about the impacts of HCR?s programs and funding on New York State residents and communities. S/he will also provide central coordination for the public presentation of data about housing and community efforts statewide.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of analysts in the development and maintenance of performance management reports and ad hoc data analysis to support program operations.
- Manage the design and development of a series of performance management dashboards.
- Coordinate with academics and other researchers to develop a series of white papers and studies that describe the impact of NYSHCR?s actions on New York State;
- Coordinate with the Policy Office, Public Information Office, executive leadership and programmatic leaders and staff in the presentation of data internally, to stakeholders, and to the public.
? Must be a NY State resident or able to relocate to NYS
- Master?s degree in public administration, economics, finance, business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years managerial experience in an analytic role.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative research designs and statistical analysis techniques.
- Excellent oral, written, and quantitative skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to quickly and clearly synthesize information.
- Exceptional ability to use data to make decisions.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access.
- Experience with a statistical package such as STATA, SAS, or SPSS.
- Ability to work in a flexible, fast paced, mission driven environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
? Extensive benefits package including paid leave, excellent health, dental, vision and retirement benefits;
? Promotional opportunities for dedicated professionals.