OverviewRutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Vision, Mission and Core Values:
Our vision is to be a statewide, national and world leader of scientific discovery, transdisciplinary engagement,
translation, patient care and education that improves outcomes for cancer patients and populations.
We will accomplish this by conducting innovative basic, clinical and population research and cutting-edge patientcentered care that expands our understanding of the etiology and biology of cancer; facilitates the rapid translation of laboratory-based discoveries into human studies; develops new approaches and interventions for cancer prevention that decrease cancer incidence and mortality; and develops new and better therapies to decrease suffering and mortality from cancer.
Core Values: Curiosity and Discovery, Integrity, Collaboration, Respect and Caring, Perseverance.
Posting SummaryRutgers, the State University of New Jersey is seeking a Population Health Data Sciences Assistant Director for the Department of Population Science at Rutgers, Cancer Institute of New Jersey (CINJ).
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Population Science and Community Outreach, directs and manages the data and analytic services that support population science research, community outreach and engagement including ScreenNJ activities, and catchment area responsibilities.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Serve as Co-Director of the Population Science Shared Resource and works towards converting it from a
- developing to an official shared resource.
- Work with the Rutgers Cancer Institute Shared Resources senior leadership to manage the long-term planning,
- development, communications and operational activities as it relates to Population Science Research.
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of the Population Science Shared Resource, including oversight of DatStat,
- RedCap, and other data management software utilized, as well as hiring and training staff.
- Work actively in marketing the Population Science Shared Resource through presentations and by actively
- reaching out to relevant investigators or groups within the University and beyond.
- Oversee data collection and analysis for the catchment area including surveillance.
- Minimum Education and ExperienceApplicants must have a terminal degree, preferably a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computational Science, or related field. Plus a minimum of five (5) years of statistical experience in industry at a research company, government agency, or university setting.
- Certifications/LicensesRequired Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesEffective oral and communication skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency and working knowledge of database and reporting tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SPSS, SAS, and geospatial/mapping software.
- Preferred QualificationsTen (10) years of experience.
- EHR/EMR data experience.
- Experience with RedCap, DatStat, R, STATA, and SQL Server to analyze claims (SEER-Medicare, MarketScane, DRG, Optum) and EMR datasets (DRG, Optum, IBM Explors) as well as other propriety datasets.