Join us! As a significant contributor to the Northwestern Mutual HR team, the People Analytics group has an opportunity for an Assistant Director, People Analytics.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Applies and integrates advanced statistical, mathematical, data mining, predictive modeling and business analysis skills and techniques to discover and identify new insights, predict and prescribe outcomes, advise on turning new insights into actionable opportunities and outcomes, and provide the tracking and measurement of results
- Develop solutions, mathematical models, algorithms, machine learning techniques, and robust analytics to support analytic insights and visualization of complex data sets for productization and monetization. Models need constant refitting as data changes over time.
- Identifies available internal and external data resources to develop and deliver information solutions, including analytical information
- Applies creative problem solving and inter-departmental networking to address data and information needs across the enterprise.
- Shares standard methodologies with peers through coaching and mentoring around core methodologies, patterns, standards and processes.
- Drive innovation by exploring new experimentation methods and statistical techniques that could sharpen or speed up our product decision-making processes
- Through extensive analysis, this individual will discover technology improvement opportunities and will work with other teams to address these opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field
- At least 6 years of professional data science or analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying predictive models using open source tools (i.e. Python, R)
- Extensive experience data modeling and engineering, designing and presenting analytics, including SQL programming experience and working with multiple databases
- Expert level knowledge of advanced analytical model development and construction
- Validated ability to question assumptions, demonstrate relational analysis and integration of all components needed to solve problems
- Validated ability to build rapport, negotiate, gain the confidence and work successfully with business leaders across the company
- Validated ability to lead decision making process through idea sharing and consensus building
- Experience in coaching and mentoring staff members
- Consistent track record in meeting aggressive deadlines
- Identifying data requirements for analytical needs
- PhD degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Econometrics or related field preferred
- HR data domain, Tableau and Workday experience preferred