Assistant Director, Operations Finance
8 - 10 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Do you have a passion for analysis and critical thinking? Are you driven to use that passion to help others? This is your opportunity to give your passions and talents new purpose – all while growing your career – by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford.
Assistant Director Finance
This role will be a member of Operations Finance and reports to the AVP/CFO Operations. This role will support Group Benefits Operations and will be a key member of their extended team. This position requires business knowledge and strong partnership with Group Benefits Operations, Capacity Planning and Resource Management team, GB FP&A, and Expense peers to provide financial support, strategic analysis, and business insight.
- Be a Thought Partner: Recommend solutions and help drive business decisions; guide the customer towards solutions
- Own the financials, apply a financial lens to customer inputs, and use metrics to challenge business inputs and drive financial efficiency
- Participates in or leads Special Projects, as applicable
- Performs monthly reporting and financial analysis
- Partner with CCRM to develop multi-year outlooks incorporating volume drivers
- Establish a regular meeting cadence with customers to provide business insight and strategic support
- Develop analysis and commentary for monthly financial exhibits, including managed and allocated reporting
- Ensure accurate accounting of financials including cost allocations and reserving
- Develops operational metrics/reporting and analyzes trends; provides insight and identifies opportunities/areas to explore
- Key participant over the next 3 years to support the Aetna integration including conversion, TSA and pass-through cost accounting and migration to The Hartford
- Support and provide guidance to CCRM and Operations to enhance staff modeling and variability in driver inputs by product and segment
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 7+ years related expense experience
- Strong Excel skills, TM1 skills a plus.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and performance driven? ability to lead through influencing.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate new applications
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Critical thinker with proven problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written/presentation communication skills
- Develop effective working relationships with business partners, and other expense partners.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.