The person in this position will interact internally with Penguin's Marketing, Sales and Editorial teams, and externally with authors, illustrators, booksellers and members of the press.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Strategizing, planning and executing publicity campaigns that will maximize exposure for authors and their books.
- Securing national and regional TV, print, radio and online feature and review coverage for our authors.
- Planning and booking extensive national multi-city book tours, with events in bookstores, libraries, schools, and other large speaking venues.
- Working with high-profile talent on book launches, media and events.
- Coaching and prepping talent for public and school presentations and media interviews.
- Accompanying authors to media interviews and events.
- Managing relationships with regional trade show organizers throughout the year.