DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all forms of data input to ensure data integrity
- Establish and manage authorization and data access controls to ensure data security
- Ensure a stable database by appropriately applying/implementing upgrades, releases, patches, fixes, plug-ins, etc.
- Develop and enforce policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of the alumni/donor database
- Develop and manage audit processes and exception reporting to ensure data integrity
- Build collaborative relationships with Advancement staff and other university data holders to develop an efficient process for strategic and effective use of data
- Manage the on-site Raiser’s Edge users group.
- Communicate/reinforce industry and institution best practices
- Resolve issues
- Review and maintain processes and documentation
- Partner with stakeholders to solve problems efficiently through data and technology
- Provide regular training opportunities based on roles
- Analyze all returned mail and develop thorough data update plans utilizing batch update methods when possible. Implement process changes as appropriate.
- Quickly become the subject matter expert regarding software tool functionality. Effectively communicate how various functions can be used to meet department needs.
- Serves as first point of contact for Advancement staff with questions about or problems with the use of the database, and will serve as the liaison to vendors and technology services for troubleshooting issues.
Business Process Improvement
- Effectively utilize Raiser’s Edge functionality (example: reports / reminders ) to instill discipline and accountability in business processes (example: moves management).
- Develop the process to manage data requests and the associated backlog. This includes request submissions, prioritization, request delivery and buyoff, and metrics reporting.
- Create a data integrity and management strategy to continually improve data quality and implement associated metrics. (Examples of improved data quality: increase the number of e-mail addresses, employment information, increase the number of cell phone numbers, capture mailing address changes, capture changes in marital status).
- Keep abreast of industry trends and effectively utilize data to evaluate and interpret constituent needs and behaviors in order to recommend new services or new methods to engage constituents. Remain current in trends associated with database technology and data management in order to evaluate and recommend tools and processes.
- Develop and maintain a computing technology plan to ensure the division has sufficient computing resources.
- Prospect Development:
- Responsible for identifying, researching, and analyzing prospects for major gift cultivation and solicitation.
- Participate and consult directly with development directors and campus executives to identify and qualify major donor prospects who have the propensity and capacity to support campus wide initiatives and campaigns.
- Provide high-level research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources, including online database services, websites, library and government sources and other external repositories of public information.
- Proactively and independently plan and execute creative strategies to identify sources of major gift ($25,000+) private support using creative research techniques and electronic searching methodologies to ensure that campus wide fundraising initiatives have sufficient prospects to meet fundraising goals.
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure that newly identified prospects are presented and assigned to appropriate campus fundraisers in a timely manner and a system for effective follow up.
- Prospect Management:
- Identify prospective donors and assist development directors in managing prospects and donor relationships by overseeing the moves management process by ensuring that all prospects are being moved through the pipeline from qualification to cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manages the prospect management system to assure information is current and properly coded.
- Tracks the progress of development officers with their prospect portfolios by providing tools and dashboards for metrics, and strategic, collaborative, and intrusive partnership to insure fluid and active engagement of prospects.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Six (6) years of related experience in data collection and analysis. Highly skilled in the use and manipulation of large data sets in excel. Experience with current Microsoft applications. Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. Strong customer service orientation and sense of teamwork. Possess both technical skills and business acumen.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Ability to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. Ability to effectively translate between end-user needs and database output. Ability to understand development and alumni officer’s needs so as to accurately translate their requests into queries and reports. Ask questions.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None