Assistant Director of Pharmacy - Inpatient Operations - Full-Time
This position provides oversight and advancement of pharmacy services in the acute care setting including reponsibility for Central Pharmacy operations, controlled substances, IV compounding, automation and technology. Wake Forest Baptist Hospital has one of the largest automation footprints in the country and this position has oversight of the largest team of human capital within the department.
Job Summary: Leads people and manages systems. Leads the staff in setting and meeting goals and objectives in the areas of patient care, education, and research to meet or exceed the reasonable needs and expectations of all internal and external customers, to promote continuous learning, and to continuously improve the quality of care and services provided by the department.
Education / Experience: Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree. Advanced business degree and completion of a Residency program are preferred. 3-5 years hospital pharmacy management experience is preferred.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Active registration with the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy required.
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
2. Builds community and teamwork both inside and outside of the department to create and maintain a positive work environment.
3. Mentors staff members in the areas of responsibility to facilitate and reinforce learning.
4. Monitors the utilization, quantity, quality, and cost of resources and output in the areas of responsibility.
5. Plans, implements, and evaluates programs to ensure that optimal, high quality pharmaceutical care is provided.
6. Fulfills the roles of innovator, leader, and facilitator in areas of responsibility to ensure continuous quality improvement.
7. Fulfills the role of producer to meet or exceed customer expectations.
8. Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement efforts and contribute to the achievement of departmental objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
Must have excellent communication skills.
May be exposed to infections and contagious disease.
Handles emergency or crisis situations.
Subject to many interruptions.
Occasionally subjected to long irregular hours.
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
Handles absentee replacement on short notice.
Subject to changes in work schedules and areas to meet customer/department needs.
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".