Job Purpose: Assists with the direction and coordination of all collections activities within assigned call center, ensuring client satisfaction on service and collection performance. Assists with the management and facilitation of workloads, staff assignments, tasks and projects. Along with the Director, is responsible for meeting all revenue and collection production goals on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works closely with the Director of Operations to determine production goals based on client placements, expectations, type and other relevant parameters. Proposes adjustments to budget plans as necessary.
- Establishes adequate staffing levels to effectively manage all production goals. Adjusts levels as necessary for new business or expanded services.
- Continually assesses the quality and quantity of collection performance for Tier 1 and Tier 2 clients. Proactively evaluates performance for those clients, makes adjustments and initiates solutions to resolve issues timely, accurately and effectively. Seeks immediate performance improvements. Understands why and how client performance fluctuates and makes the necessary adjustments to rectify. Discusses all such findings as needed with the Director of Operations.
- Effectively uses collections’ systems to measure collection performance for clients and collectors, properly manage ongoing collections activities, achieve optimum results, and address and immediately resolve issues timely and accurately.
- Assists in the effective coaching and development of the management team and, through the management team ensures that collections staff are effectively coached and developed for driving high performance and effectively and efficiently handling current and anticipated production goals.
- Continually assesses staff, work flows and systems. Implements, proposes streamlined and/or changes existing processes to improve overall client performance while maintaining profitability or creating more cost effective uses of collection resources. Ensures all requiredreporting is completed timely and accurately.
- Provides updates on procedural and client oriented changes and updates department manuals or other written materials.
- Ensures effectively and timely communication occurs within and across departments through formal staff meetings, ad-hoc meetings, one-on-one feedback sessions, written materials or other informational medium.
- Assist the Director of Operations with special projects or other assigned activities.
- Knowledge: Strong working knowledge of collections including exposure to healthcare collections. Verifiable success in meeting production goals through subordinates. Education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent, Master’s degreepreferred.
- Experience: Minimum 5 to 10 years experience in collections with at least 3 years previous first-line management experience. Experience working with a collections systems and standard office software products a must.
- Skills/Aptitudes: Demonstrated leadership, analytical, communication and problem solving skills and needs the ability to use information for making sound decisions and skills to take appropriate action. The ability to coach and develop managers and who, in turn, have the ability to develop front line collectors. Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information and act/plan accordingly. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.