Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to "Always Do The Right Thing!"Overview
Our Assistant Director of Nursing has the authority, responsibility and accountability for assisting the Director of Nursing in the structuring, implementing and monitoring the Nursing Service Program.QualificationsEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Five (5) or more years of clinical experience
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience recommended
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse within the State, or valid compact state nurse license
- Current CPR certification
- Assist in ensuring that the health services units are staffed with nursing personnel to meet the needs of the patient population and contract requirements. Responsible for approving the nursing schedule, requested changes and requests for time off.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of nursing personnel
- Assist in the coordination of new employee orientation and continuing education programs.
- Prepares and submits reports to the Health Services Administrator in timely manner as requested.
- Participates in Quality Improvement (QI) and Infection Control activities and meetings as requested
- Respond to a code or health emergency with standard guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring that a nursing administrator is on-call for nursing services
- Assist in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the philosophy, goals, objectives, structure, and operation of nursing services.
- Ensures the practice of nursing is consistent with current standards and is responsible for level of care.
- Serves as representative for and/or liaison between nursing services and other health care providers as well as Director of Nursing and coordinates patient care with other departments
- Provides guidance to the nursing staff in patient care problems and delegates responsibility within the scope of the employees' abilities
- Remains visible and is responsive to all medical disciplines
- Supports and participates in evaluation designed to improve work conditions and patient care.
- Participates and maintains good relationship with community organizations
- Keeps abreast and follows through on incidents occurring on all shifts through 24-hour availability to all shifts
- Ensures that reports of communicable diseases are forwarded to the local/state health authorities X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time employees or their equivalent (1 full-time employee at 40 and 2 half-time employees at 20 hours each , are equivalent to 2 full-time employees). X Authority to hire or fire other employees, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees are given particular weight.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer