As the Assistant Director of Nursing ? Park Bridge, you will lead the planning, organizing, developing and directing of the overall operation of the nursing department at Park Bridge Rehabilitation and Wellness Center in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations. You will work with the Director of Nursing and Administrator on a broad range of initiatives to assure that quality patient care is maintained.
- Assist in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the nursing department, its programs and activities.
- Develop and maintain a working rapport with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other related departments within the facility to assure that the department services and activities can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the patients.
- Assist in the development of and participate in programs designed for inservice education, on-the-job training and orientation classes for newly assigned department personnel. (Includes maintaining appropriate record keeping requirements of when classes were conducted, subject matter, attendance, etc.)
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementations of patient care plans, patient assessments, etc.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. and submitting them to the department director as necessary.
- Serve on various committees of the facility, as required or as appointed by the department director or administrator.
- Assist in evaluating and implementing recommendations from the facility?s committees, e.g. Pharmacy, Infections Control, etc.
- Work with the facility?s consultants as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Review complaints and grievances and make necessary oral/written reports to the department director.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the department director concerning the operation of the nursing department.
- Execute patient care policies in the absence of the medical director, the attending physician, and the director of nursing, or as may be otherwise authorized.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, accountability of directing the nursing department in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Review the nursing requirements of each patient admitted to the facility, as may be required, and assist the attending physician in planning for the patient?s care.
- Make rounds with attending physician/medical director, etc. as necessary.
Education:Bachelor?s degree in nursing.
Minimum Experience:One (1) year of experience in management of Skilled Nursing and/or Rehabilitative Services Program. One (1) year progressive management experience. Service development experiencepreferred.
Required Licenses/Certifications:Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the state of California. Basic Life Support (BLS) issued by the American Heart Association (AHA).