What will I be doing?
As Assistant Director of Human Resources for the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and Hilton Bonnet Creek Complex, you would be responsible for assisting the Director in the direction and administration of the Human Resources function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in overseeing, administering and communicating pertinent information regarding all Human Resources functions to include, but not limited to, recruiting, training and development, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements, team member relations, labor relations and contract compliance, performance evaluations, workers compensation and safety, employment processes and general leadership guidance and support
- Manage and supervise the daily activities of the Human Resources department
- Participate in and facilitate meetings and monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Ensure Affirmative Action Plan compliance
- Manage the hotel team member relations program to include, but not limited to, picnics, holiday parties, health fairs, team member communications, special promotions, etc.
- Oversee function of the team member data management system
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Assist in the preparation of reports related to the Human Resources function
- Act in the absence of the Director
- Lead the hotel quality initiative, as needed
What are we looking for?
- 5 or more years of Human Resources Management experience in hotels is required
- Large property experience is preferred
- Luxury hotel experience is preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus