The Assistant Director of Food & Beverage provides strategic and operational leadership, guidance, direction, and tactical expertise to all facets of the food & beverage division (i.e., restaurants, banquets, pool, in room dining, kitchens, stewarding, administration, associate dining room, etc.).
- Drive hotel profitability through high level revenue generation, expert cost control and labor management capabilities.
- Responsible for delivering extraordinary guest and associate satisfaction at an ultra-luxury level of expectations. The position reports directly to the Director of Food & Beverage and/or the Resort Manager.
- This position must have extensive experience creating and implementing critical paths for all food & beverage operations, budgets, operating standards, job descriptions and training manuals for each position.
- Responsible for ongoing operations, consistent delivery of service standards and practices, preparing all financial reports from annual budgets to monthly forecasting, meeting all goals and objectives set annually.
- Responsible for the selection, training and development of key leadership personnel within the division and its departments. Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws. Resolve challenges and opportunities to the satisfaction of all involved parties.
- Assist in the promotion of hotel facilities and services in order to generate extraordinary revenues. Collaborate closely with the Sales, Public Relations and Marketing teams to constantly communicate offerings and innovations. Interact positively with guests, associates and our community.
- Be present and move throughout all areas of the facility to visually monitor and ensure that food & beverage quality and service standards are met. Take corrective action as needed.
- Maintain and improve profitability of the division to support overall hotel operation. Control payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels of products and equipment are maintained by calculating and analyzing inventories. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures.
- Control and make decisions regarding all elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses. Set margins and manage the business against projections. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
- Develop and support the development of all associates. Participate in all associate recognition programs and take an active role in serving our community.
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of management experience of luxury restaurant's and/or hotels.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a department head or senior leadership position at an ultra-luxury level operation.
- Ideal candidate will have occupied a similar or higher position for one to two years.
- Advanced to expert ability to supervise all levels of subordinate staff, including, but not limited to, assignment of duties, evaluating service, auditing performance, mentoring, coaching and taking disciplinary action when necessary.
- Strong awareness and knowledge of all divisional matters as they relate to compliance with federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- Advanced to expert ability to prepare financial reports, analyze data and deliver set performance goals and objectives. Reports include, yet are not limited to, annual budgets, monthly forecasts, P&L, menu usage, sales mix, scheduling, food cost, productivity and others.
- Ability to evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures
- Extensive knowledge of food and beverage. Ideal candidate has Sommelier or equivalent certification.
- Extensive operational knowledge of systems commonly used in food and beverage operations – Micros (POS), ADP (time and attendance tracking), Labor Management, sales reporting software, and others. Ideal candidate has programing capabilities in one or more of these systems.
- Must possess advanced computer skills.
- Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Will have impeccable professional references, possess exceptional leadership and communication skills, cutting edge technical food & beverage knowledge and a proven ability to operate a 5 Star/5 Diamond organization.