Erickson Living is currently one of the largest senior housing developers and managers in the United States and ideally positioned for continued growth. We are expanding and developing in all of our 20 communities which will reinforce our position as a national leader in senior housing and health care services. This growth requires a strong pipeline of talented and experienced professionals in critical leadership roles. We are currently hiring for an Assistant Director of Facility Operations for Charlestown Continuing Care Retirement Community located in Catonsville, MD., who can lead a large workforce to ensure we are providing a great place for our residents to live. This Assistant Director of General Services ensures all facilities are maintain a safe, sanitary and healthy conditions while meeting the Federal, State, and local government regulations. Assistant Director of Facility Operations Job Responsibilities:
- To plan, provide and maintain a quality facility with respect to the interior and exterior of the buildings, roads, grounds, tools and equipment to achieve a safe, sanitary and healthy living/working environment for residents and staff, and to provide residents with quality transportation, security, communication and facility services.
- Lead all departmental employee functions, providing the facility with productive, responsive engaged employees who are well trained and effectively managed.
- Implement system and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental budget. Assist in the budget process for both operating and capital plans.
- Assure that all services and programs are in compliance with federal, state and/or local laws and statutes.
- Demonstrate technical and management knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- Become familiar with and follow ELM Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that requests for the purchase of assets and services are made and in accordance with Erickson Living Communities Purchasing policies, procedures and process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Five years or more of business experience in General Services / Facilities Operations required.
- Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper maintenance of facilities
- Experience with CMMS is preferred.
- Licensing/certification to be obtained if required by State.
- A valid driver’s license is required if operating Community vehicles and must adhere to policies and procedures of Erickson Living Management.