We are looking for an Assistant Director of Dining Services who brings their passion for great food, teamwork and culinary experience to join our team of award winning chefs and dining management talent. We are looking for strong hospitality experience and a proven track record of success that will help drive our innovative Signature Menu Dining Programs which include from scratch cooking and chef inspired culinary creations. We offer a great work environment, excellent quality of life with alternate weekends off, competitive compensation package, career growth and a solid team who delivers an exceptional dining experience to our residents. This individual will be hired as an Assistant Dining Director for Cedar Crest located in Pompton Plains, NJ, with the expectation that they will eventually be promoted into a Director of Dining role at a community within the Erickson Living family. This individual will supervise Dining Services Management team; coordinate with Dining Services Managers (Independent Living & Continuing Care), Catering/Events staff for menu implementation and special events. This role will support the entire community dining department as directed with the Dining Services Director, Executive Chefs, and the Catering/Events Manager to provide the residents, staff, and the community at large with high quality food and service.
The Assistant Director of Dining Services Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provides residents and staff with high quality, nutritious meals and responsive service and meets their needs while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Implements systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental business plan and is aware of and addresses any changes in the financial climate that may affect the budget. Controls food, labor, and nonfood costs.
- Achieves customer (resident, guest, and employee) satisfaction goals.
- Purchases services and approved products following company standards.
- Interfaces with the Catering/Events department regarding the planning and production of catered functions and events. Coordinates public room bookings with Catering/Events department.
- Assists the Director of Dining Service with assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the departments goals and objectives.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for department. Makes hiring and employee discipline decisions. Develops, manages, trains, and evaluates employees, managers, and supervisors. Ensures compliance with Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all services and programs (food service and clinical) are in compliance with federal, state and/or local regulations, laws and statues.
- Maintains productive and positive relationships with all members of the IL and Continuing Care interdisciplinary and leadership teams.
- Minimum of 5 years of food service management experiencerequired, including production, service and sanitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics or Institutional Management may be substituted for up to 1 yearexperience.
- College Degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred.
- Serve Safe Certified obtained within 6 months of employment. Additional certifications required by federal, state and/or local regulations.
- Ability to manage several departments successfully
- Ability to communicate effectively with a large number of employees
- Knowledge or skills in culinary arts, purchasing, sanitation, business management and health care.