Assistant Director of Accounting-Cash Management manages a team of 7 including 1 manager in high volume cash application process for all of UT Southwestern Medical Center. We seek an experienced leader with versatile accounting skills and experience managing high volume processing accounting functions. The Assistant Director will also manage Gifts and Endowments accounting, compliance and reporting functions.
- Provides oversight for all cash management activities including executing wire transfers, opening/closing bank accounts, securing new services, cash flow and liquidity forecasting/modeling, daily cash positioning and funding, banking services including bank fee analysis and bank system administration, performance management, bank relationship management, etc.
- Develops, maintains and monitors a set of best practices operational policies and procedures to ensure a robust internal control environment protecting university assets and mitigating the risk of fraud.
- Develops and cultivates positive professional relationships including leaders at UTIMCO, UT System, UTSW senior management, and external partners such as banks, auditors, and service providers.
- Assists director on various reports and projects.
- Manage the Gifts and Endowments accounting, compliance and reporting functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance for student financial services
- Completes and coordinates complex projects and reports, which may require significant contact with other departments and outside organizations.
- Recommends changes and reviews progress.
- Responsible for design, execution, and effectiveness of system of internal controls, which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and financial information is reliable.
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
- Maintain optimal cash and investment balances.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Sets annual goals for the individuals and the organization and monitors performance against these goals.
- Maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in related field and six (6) to eight (8) years progressively responsible, related experience, including two (2) years experience in supervisory capacity are required.