With minimal oversight, the incumbent coordinates the day-to-day operations of the Leadership Services Department; directs planning for and execution of the annual meetings of ANA's governing and advisory bodies; serves as a professional staff liaison to assigned governance committees; administers governance programs; and provides professional consultation on complex governance issues, trends, and best practices. The incumbent is privy to confidential matters including personnel issues, internal labor relations, financialreports, proprietary information, strategic relationships, and legal matters. The incumbent also manages special projects as assigned by the Director, Leadership Services.
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION: Email your resume to or apply online at
· Leads a team of professional and administrative staff across the organization to develop and execute the annual meeting of ANA's governing body, the Membership Assembly, and directs operational and logistical planning for all related meetings and events that occur in conjunction with the Membership Assembly meeting.
· Facilitates the development and execution of the annual meeting of ANA's advisory body, the Leadership Council, in collaboration with the Leadership Council Executive Committee and the Director, Constituent and State Relations.
· Supports the professional growth and development of the leaders of ANA's constituent member organizations, including developing content for quarterly calls with the ANA President and orientating new executive directors and presidents, etc.
· Serves, as needed, as the staff liaison to assigned governance committee(s), which may include:
o Committee on Honorary Awards
o Nominations and Elections Committee
o Professional Policy Committee
The staff liaison collaborates with the Chair to set the strategic direction of the Committee; facilitates the completion of the Committee's responsibilities in accordance with established association policy and procedures; and maintains and disseminates accurate committee records.
· Conducts analyses of and provides professional consultation on complex governance issues, trends, and best practices to individual staff and teams across the organization, volunteer leaders, constituent member associations, and related professional organizations.
· Facilitates the development and periodic review of resources on all facets of association governance, management, and operations.
· Recommends and oversees the implementation of process improvement strategies to maximize efficiency and improve quality outcomes.
Bachelor's Degree, varied disciplines considered.
Related Work Experience
A minimum of ten years of association or non-profit governance, association management, and progressively responsibleexperience that includes five years of frequent and regular interaction with Executive-level staff and elected/appointed volunteer leaders and at least five years of supervisory experience.
· In-depth knowledge of the association industry, including best practices in non-profit governance, management, and operations.
· Exceptional ability to work well in a fast-paced and fluid environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and adhering to established timelines.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and discretion regarding highly-confidential and politically-sensitive information.
· Exceptional ability to build collaborative relationships with external and internal stakeholders, including elected and appointed ANA leaders, representatives of ANA's constituent member organizations, representatives of related professional organizations, and Executive- and Director-level staff.
· Exceptional ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing.
· Demonstrated ability to implement solutions collaboratively in a politically-sensitive, highly-visible work environment.
· Demonstrated project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.