Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
Less than 5 years
Posted 21 days ago
Position Summary Reporting to and under the general direction of the Director of Inquiry Based Learning, the Assistant Director will participate in the implementation and assessment of the university's Quality Enhancement Plan, "Experiential Inquiry and Research for Undergraduates." The Assistant Director's principal responsibilities will include: support for faculty in the development of inquiry-based and research-driven courses; collaboration with staff colleagues in key resource centers (Teaching Excellence, Civic Leadership, Writing and Communication) to enhance faculty capacity to develop and teach such courses; assistance of administration in a graduate fellows program; assistance in development of a dynamic web-based catalogue of research opportunities; and, in collaboration with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, administration of assessment of QEP activities.
Education Required Bachelor's Degree Major/Discipline Substitution for Education Requirement Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Education Preferred Master's degree.
Experience Required 3 years Type of Experience Professional, post-graduate experience in undergraduate education at a college or university.
Substitution for Experience Requirement Education may not be substituted for the experience requirement.
Experience Preferred - Experience in teaching and advising undergraduate students
- Administration experience in a university setting
- Experience working with faculty
- Understanding of undergraduate research
- Experience in event planning
License/Certification Required License/Certification Preferred None
Skills Required - Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, administrators, and other university colleagues
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Broad intellectual interests, and the ability to advise students across a variety of disciplines
- Ability to use or learn a variety of software and databases and application platforms, with special emphasis on web platforms, web page creation, and social media
- Attention to details; excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment, managing multiple projects with ease
Skills Preferred Internal / External Contacts Undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, staff, alumni.