The Assistant Director, Industry Relations is responsible for managing relationships with employers who recruit Kellogg School of Management students and alumni. This position must be able to handle highly sophisticated and demanding customers throughout the recruiting season. The Assistant Director is the critical interface among students, employers and the Career Management Center (CMC).
Please note: This role may include travel up to 5-10% of the time. May require some evening and weekend work up to 25%.
- Employer Relations
- Create programs to enrich employer relations and create opportunities for students.
- Serve as the primary point person for all on-campus recruiting activities within their industry verticals.
- Travel to client sites and conduct recruiting specific meetings.
- Travel with students on select CMC treks to client sites.
- Reports on budget-impacting items that affect overall recruiting budget. Schedule, coordinate, and execute multi-firm recruiting events such as Kellogg Networking Nights, Recruiter Day and On Campus recruiter hospitality. Responsible for eventbudget oversight.
- Responsible for delegating tasks to a Recruiting Assistant in order to facilitate workflow management.
- For the industries that position is responsible for, develop policies, rules, and regulations regarding employer relations; resolve conflict and troubleshoot issues; develop surveys and analyze and present data on various employer services and activities and recommend solutions and strategies.
- Manage the Kellogg Job Board and act as primary point person for companies seeking to hire Kellogg students and alumni through an off-campus process.
- Manage and oversee the on-campus recruiting logistics for over 5,000 interviews annually. Schedule and coordinate over 230+ company presentations annually. Solve complex recruiting based problems on a daily basis. Render decisions that balance the interests and needs of the students, companies and school while maintaining positive relationships with all parties.
- Manage company recruiting efforts for multiple industries.
- Respond to all new company inquiries and deepen existing employer relationships.
- Work with corporate partners at multiple levels.
- Regularly interact with senior level executives and all levels involved in the recruiting process. This requires balancing the interests of multiple external stakeholders.
- Act as the intermediary between competing firms within an industry.
- Serve as industry expert on recruiting trends and employers within industry verticals, identifying target firms and organizations for marketing outreach.
- Drive recruiting strategy discussions with employers and CMC coaches to identify opportunities to enhance the Kellogg recruiting experience for companies, students and alumnus.
- Consult with existing employer contacts to develop strategies for effective recruiting programming.
- Support creation of repeatable processes around annual recruiting cycle in the realms of communications, logistics, and partnership management.
- Student Relations
- Design and deliver student programming for using our unique technology platform Career Management System (CMS).
- Advise students individually regarding CMS system as it relate to on-campus recruiting and the Kellogg Job Board.
- Advise students individually regarding interview management strategies and scheduling conflicts.
- Support coaches in industry related club interactions. Provide guidelines for club leadership on recruiting related corporate interactions.
- Act as liaison between student clubs and employers.
- Select, hire, train, supervise and evaluate 15+ student greeters.
- Support CMC partnership with Kellogg Student Association (KSA) CMC re: student committee projects.
- Work in collaboration with CMC colleagues and Kellogg centers to share information and connect students with job opportunities.
- Serve as key team member in the development and implementation of web-based, integrated career management software system (CMS).
- Assess CMS usability for employer, students and administrators.
- Responsible for systems testing 4+ times a year.
- Identify and develop new features for CMS which will enhance student and employer experience.
- Market and communicate with employer and students regarding changes and updates to the CMS system and Employer/Student websites.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired.
- Minimum 4+ year’s professional experience or equivalent required.
- Client services experience is a must; preferable in an environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in management and execution of complex events.
- Experience with database systems required.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, process-driven environment.
- Ability to work with and track multiple customers and constituents simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time sensitive problems in a constructive, positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and trends and create actionable solutions and strategies.
- High personal standard of customer service, professionalism and maturity required.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organization skills required.
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain composure, humor and positive attitude during lengthy periods of high volume work.
- Ability to be flexible in support of overall team/departmental efforts.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Graduate work/degree in business, human resources, or related is desirable.
- Experience in recruiting, human resources, client management or sales preferred.
- Familiarity with GradLeaders, MBA Focus, or a Career Management System product is a plus.
- Event planning and execution experience is desirable.