New Haven, CT
Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
Less than 5 years
Posted 65 days ago
The Yale Alumni Association (YAA) is responsible for university-wide alumni relations and for events, programs, initiatives, and other opportunities to strengthen alumni relationships with Yale. Reporting to the Senior Director for Regional Clubs, this position will support a portfolio of regional Yale clubs, their volunteer leadership, and related programming. Yale clubs are regional alumni associations for alumni living in a specific geographical area that are legally and financially independent of the university.
- Coordinate services, programs, strategic support, and volunteer management for a portfolio of regional Yale clubs, including volunteer support, strategic planning, program development, event planning, and communications. Develop effective strategies for alumni engagement based on geographical location to promote Yale's strengths and engage diverse audiences.
- Create and manage signature events in collaboration with local volunteers, such as presidential visits, conferences, seminars, and club anniversaries. Encourage and facilitate regional club participation in the Redpath Speakers Program which brings Yale faculty to speak to alumni audiences outside New Haven.
- Collaborate with colleagues from the YAA, graduate and professional schools, and the Office of Development to build partnerships that support YAA priorities, such as lifelong learning, young alumni engagement, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Serve as a resource for alumni interested in creating new regional programs, advising on best practices in working with existing club leadership and engaging other alumni organizations as collaborators.
- Work with assigned clubs to promote strong volunteer engagement and leadership, identifying and recruiting talented alumni for volunteer roles. Inspire, inform, and motivate through regular communication. Guide volunteer leadership in succession planning. Foster volunteer interaction across constituencies.
- In collaboration with regional club colleagues and YAA's communications director, develop and/or recommend communications about and for regional clubs, to increase awareness, highlight outstanding volunteers, and promote events and programs. Guide volunteer leaders in best practices for use of e-marketing, websites, and social media, including working with volunteers who use YAA's chapter management software platform.
- Staff alumni association programs like Yale College Reunions and the YAA Assembly, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
The information in Essential Duties below is generic in nature and so some may not be applicable; prospective applicants will find the information in the Position Focus to be most relevant.
1. Promotes alumni engagement by managing a portfolio of alumni groups and organizations, such as regional clubs and shared interest groups, through volunteer management, events, programs and communications. 2. Plans and pursues opportunities to support the alumni association's mission to engage members of the alumni community. 3. Tracks program budgets and determines financial needs to run programs effectively. 4. Develops and implements a marketing and outreach strategy focused on internal staff, students, faculty, administration and external (alumni, friends/partners, parents) contacts to expand the reach of alumni organizations and their impact on the university's alumni affairs objectives. 5. Partners with campus colleagues, such as Office of Development, graduate and professional schools, and Office of Admissions to develop, engage and cultivate volunteer leaders and alumni audiences generally. 6. Devises marketing strategies and publicity campaigns for alumni activities and programs; determines logistics, speakers, and content to ensure programs run smoothly. 7. Consults with internal and external contacts on devising effective activities and programs to meet the University goals and objectives. 8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and four years of related work experience.