Identifies, collects, organizes, and analyzes information to resolve operational and employee gaps. Develops measurement systems that identify areas for improvement. Leads management team in developing action plans for operational improvement. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts analysis of reports relating to sales, volume, payroll, employee turnover, monthly operational and capital expense budgets; prepares reports to communicate operational performance and overall performance of the distribution center.
- Utilizes performance measurements and indicators to develop a measurement system that will identify areas for improvement; leads development of Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or area identified.
- Guides distribution center management team in developing action plans for conducting internal analysis and identification of operational gaps.
- Partners with management and non-management team to identify root causes for gaps using feedback from employee discussions and analyses of historical and future planning data reports.
- Identifies and communicates changing trends as identified through analysis; partners with team to develop a work environment that understands and responds to the need for change.
- Sets distribution center performance goals.
- Monitors distribution center budget on a monthly basis and provides expense rationale; assists DC Manager in developing annual budget.
- Works with Human Resources to determine appropriate methods to solve employee relations issues; demonstrates effective use of Dollar General policies and procedures.
- Creates a strong distribution center work team by leading the process to eliminate operational barriers.
- Develops a positive, participative image in the community.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of specific individual operations within the distribution center.
- Planning and forecasting skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to write operational and overall performance reports as well as coordination with corporate offices and retail stores.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Ability to effectively monitor and develop team members to ensure smooth operation of the distribution center.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experienced with general software applications; familiarity with Warehouse Management System functionality.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Ten years' experience in distribution, logistics, and management.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to move around the distribution center for observation and to identify areas that require change.
- On-call during evening and weekend hours.