Experience and Education
Bachelor degree (advanced degree preferred) with preference for a degree in health care administration, business and/or policy administration and five (5) years' experience in compliance, health care and/or at an academic medical center, including two (2) years' experience in supervisory capacity are required. Demonstrates superior verbal and written communication skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts at comprehension levels appropriate to target learner groups. Have strong analytic abilities and demonstrate wise independent judgement. Be detail-oriented and a strategic thinker.
- Prepare reports relative to training and support services activities to the Compliance Officer and/or the Director on a periodic basis and on demand.
- Manages compliance dashboards and communicates results to results to Clinical Departments, Division Administrators, and revenue cycle operations, on a routine basis.
- Provides input on compliance-related standards, policies and procedures and its related activities to prevent, detect, identify and mitigate illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Makes recommendations based on approval for communicating/delivering regulatory (i.e., NCD/LCD) and other important updates to faculty and staff.
- Provides routine training to clinical staff and physicians in collaboration with the Director and/or Compliance Analyst.
- This position will provide support services for the Executive Compliance Committee, the MSRDP Compliance Committee, Revenue Integrity, HIM and UT System associated committees.
- This position would also be responsible for managing communication and provide support for programs such as billing/revenue cycle managers, clinical departments, Billing Compliance Officers, etc.
- Conducts analysis regarding methods to enhance overall compliance with regulatory guidance specific to General Compliance, Research and Health System.
- Assures the effectiveness of the compliance program per the UTSW Office of Compliance and the UT System-wide Compliance Program.
- Directs identified compliance issues to the appropriate existing channels for evaluation and resolution; operational areas to improve the compliance of processes, coordinates and prepares reports and assessments.
- Works with Compliance Analysts, operational stakeholders, billing operations and affiliates to develop and implement compliance benchmark measures.
- Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.