The Assistant Director (AD) of Care Coordination is responsible for the direct oversight and delivery of program services to insure that all children in Graham’s care receive the best medical, mental and behavioral health outcomes from initial intake until final discharge/adoption. The AD works in close collaboration with Graham’s Case Planning and Behavioral Health management staff, birth parents, foster parents and external providers. They are directly responsible for the compliance of ACS’ medical record standards and all aspects of their supervisee’s roles and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with Service Providers, Foster Parents and Discharge Resources to provide education, support and coaching around specific services (e.g. medication management and other services planning for youth and families.)
- Ensures the delivery of program services in compliance with NYS Office of Mental Health & Hygiene, and Medicaid regulatory guidelines and Health Home standards.
- Oversees the review and completion of medical forms (i.e. school/camp forms, work forms, sports participation, WIC forms, adoption medicals, Special/Exceptional rate requests, Social Security letters etc.)
- Ensures that appropriate medical/behavioral health referrals/services are in place. Also, responding to inpatient and ER Admission alerts and contact to medical providers and hospitals for admission/discharge information.
- Reviews tracking reports on new admissions; ensure that there is consistent review of medical documentation consents for medical/behavioral health services
- Oversees and updating various reports such as Early Invention tracking, Acuity levels for problem/risk factor list, Psychiatric medications, etc.
- Performs continuous quality reviews of performance/regulatory requirements: competent and effective coordination of audits and other regulatory tasks.
- Ensures that there is ongoing assessment of staff skill development and schedules/monitors staff training and meetings.
- Provides guidance on multiple training's to staff on varies assessment and tools (i.e., Child & Adolescent Needs, HIV risk assessment, Mental Health & Mental Hygiene etc.)
- Duties and responsibilities are listed but are not limited to this job posting
- Master of Science in Nursing, Registered Nurse Professional, LMSW/LCSW, and Masters in Health Care Management, Public Health Administration, Allied Health, or other related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience and at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office for Windows application.
- Proficiency in using Medical/Mental Health Electronic Health Records and familiar with NYS/NYC Foster Care systems and requirements.
- Experience in Pediatric/Adolescent Health Care.
Full-Time. Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.