The Assistant Director will provide strategic oversight and management of clinical research activity on a day-to day basis. This position supports the organization's commitment to coordinating high-quality and novel early phase investigator initiated clinical trials. Overall responsibilities of this role include management of the day-to-day operations of BrUOG office, including supervision of staff, as well development of new processes to improve efficiencies of the office and program.
The Assistant Director will also assist the Director with special projects and will play a role in decision-making for overall organizational processes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred) with a minimum of 5-7 years’ related experience in clinical trials. Experience in coordination of multicenter clinical research trials especially cooperative group, consortium and pharmaceutical industry trials preferred. Oncology experience is preferred. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated experience supervising with preferred Director level experience. Experience with FDA and regulatory work preferred.
- Supervisory and project management experience with demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of research methodologies and protocol strategies
- Strong organization, communication and analytic skills with an understanding of both pre- and post-award grant activities including knowledge of guidelines, regulations and compliance issues
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and federal regulations and GCP
- Effective negotiation skills
- Knowledge of database development experience including data analysis
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and good time management skills
- Detail orientation is critical to this job
- Ability to occasionally work non-standard hours to meet the needs of individuals being enrolled in hospital trials required.