As the Assistant Director of BI Operations and Development you will provide leadership, vision and direction to business intelligence competency center (BICC) operations and development staff to support the University's business intelligence and data warehousing efforts. You will direct activities in maintenance and production support as well as development of additional business intelligence solutions. Additionally, you will partner with other areas inside and outside the BICC to create and maintain BI solutions. You will also maintain a high level of operational credibility of BI solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer technology, information systems or other related field.
- Six years of experience in staff management.
- At least one year experience managing operations or development for a business intelligence organization or function.
- In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of business intelligence or data warehousing architecture, concepts and practices
- Knowledge of implementation and support methods for data warehousing operations
- Customer service focus and proven ability to build and maintain effective customer and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to collaborate with customers and partners across different organizational areas to identify and develop solutions for information needs
- Effective team management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining individual and team effectiveness
- Time management skills and ability to set priorities and provide direction to others
- Ability to work across units
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- Six years of experience in staff management in an IT environment
- Experience in leading technical staff to implement and support data warehousing projects
- Experience in higher education
- Cognos or other business intelligence tool skills
- Portfolio management background
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contributions Immediately.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.