The position of Assistant Director, Athletics Communications and Digital Media, assisting primarily with the media relations functions for the sports of men’s soccer, women’s lacrosse and men’s and women’s cross country/track & field. This position will also assist in the coordination of the department’s video production efforts, focusing on social media and in-game content across all sports.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Primary media contact for men’s soccer, women’s lacrosse and men’s and women’s cross country/track & field programs.
2. Assist with the communications tasks associated with the nationally recognized men’s basketball program
3. Play a lead role in the Athletics Department’s social media efforts, specifically through the creation of video content.
4. Promote the University through Athletics.
5. Act as liaison between the assigned sports and all media outlets
6. Preparation and dissemination of news releases and statistical information
7. Arrange photography for athletic events
8. Update Athletics Department website
9. Develop and submit nominations for athletics awards
10. Manage and train student assistants
11. Direct smooth and efficient game-day media operations for assigned sports
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelors degreerequired preferably in journalism, communications or related field
• Minimum of 3 years athletic media relations experience, preferably at the Division I level.
• Extensive proficiency with desktop publishing including: QuarkExpress and Photoshop
• Outstanding editing, writing and verbal skills
• Working knowledge of NCAA approved statistical procedures for assigned sports
• Working knowledge of StatCrew Systems
• Season travel from August to April with in-season sports.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Sidearm (website editing system)
• QuarkExpress (desktop editing)
• StatCrew (in-game statistical software)
• Photoshop and video editing software.