$250K — $500K+*
The Louisiana State University invites applications for an Assistant Dean of Student Success. This position is a professional supervisory position directing the CMDA Office of Student Success. It is independently responsible for all recruitment, academic advising, and student support services for all prospective and admitted undergraduate students. It independently directs and oversees the daily operations of student services ranging from generating admissions, prospective student/parent needs, scholarship advising, onboarding incoming students, and retention. It maintains primary responsibility for all CMDA undergraduate academic records, certification of degrees and any exceptions to established degree requirements.
1. Direct the Office of Student Success, providing academic and career guidance to current, prospective (incoming freshmen and transfers) and re-entry students. Be responsible for the interpretation and enforcement of all University and CMDA policies. Utilize Navigate/EAB to deliver and track student advising appointments, regularly analyze data, and maintain strategic staffing and communications decisions based on trends in student needs. Conduct annual degree audit programming
2. Lead recruitment efforts and strategy for the CMDA. Oversee all recruitment events and initiatives for the CMDA to include National Audition Days and University recruitment events. Develop an effective communication plan for delivery of pertinent information to potential students and serving as liaison to LSU Enrollment Management. Use retention and student success data to collaborate with academic departments to evaluate and implement retention initiatives that span students' academic lifecycles.
Connect incoming and returning students with state and private scholarship opportunities and the application process involved.
3. Collaborate with School of Music and School of Theatre Directors and Recruiting Officers to ensure consistent, high quality academic programs and student services are developed, maintained, and executed for all prospective and current undergraduates including planning and execution of Boot Camps. Coordinate life skills and student development events for CMDA students, including overseeing a peer mentoring program and other student success initiatives. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of audition requirements for admission to the School of Music. Provide ongoing crisis support and intervention to students on an as-needed basis, which includes initial intervention and implementation of de-escalation strategies, as well as maintaining a thorough knowledge of and utilizing (where appropriate) LSU Cares (LSU Office of Student Advocacy & Accountability), the Student Mental Health Service, and the Lighthouse Program.
4. Develop and oversee the administration of the College of Music and Dramatic Arts exit survey and disseminate feedback to appropriate college and departmental contacts. Be responsible for producing an Annual Report tracking student engagements, recruiting and networking events, and post-graduation employment (valuable to Strategic Planning).
5. Direct planning of all aspects of fall, spring, and summer commencement for the School of Theatre and the School of Music, including preparation and execution of senior graduation checkouts, as well as script and program information. Continually monitor degree candidates and course offerings. Certify degrees including any earned university/Latin Honors, medalists, and military commissions. Notify students who are not meeting eligibility to graduate. Possess the ability to work some evenings and weekends.
6.Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Associate Dean or VP/Dean.
LSU’s College of Music and Dramatic Arts is a performing arts community that prepares performers, composers, teachers, and scholars for productive lives after college. In a setting that prioritizes engagement, acceptance, personalization, collaboration, and inspiration, we foster passion for the arts, the creation of new works, and connection with community, heightening our collective ability to communicate with expressive power and purpose. Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College is a national flagship institution with world-class intellectual and creative resources. Located in Baton Rouge, a dynamic state capital situated on the Mississippi River, the University represents the best of Louisiana's vibrant, evocative and diverse culture. Baton Rouge is home to both LSU and Southern University and numerous businesses and industrial facilities, with a metropolitan area population of over 800,000.
-Master's with 5 - 7 years of experience
-Experience working in a University setting in an academic unit
-Ph.D. in Education, Higher Education Administration, or related field
Special or Physical Qualifications:
Ability to work nights/weekends/some travel required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation required. Must have excellent written/presentation skills for effectively communicating at multiple levels of the organization and with external constituents. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Significant organizational, leadership and management skills are required with the ability to work well in a team environment. This position is subject to drug/alcohol testing per PS-67. A valid Driver's License is required.
As with all LSU employees, the Assistant Dean has an obligation to assist students in the acquisition of necessary services. Should a student appear in need of or seek assistance with issues of an emotional, behavioral , or mental health related matter they should be referred to the proper service within the Student Health Center. In situations where the student creates an impression that they are a danger to themselves or others, the advisor should immediately contact the Care Team, the Dean of Students or the appropriate law enforcement agency. The employee outside of those rights contained within FERPA should create no impression of client or patient confidentiality.
Valid through: 7/5/2021