Assistant Credit Manager
If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for credit risk and collections management. Adheres to the credit policy to maximize sales while minimizing risk. Supports Global Credit & Risk Manager with corporate insurance activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the daily operations of the corporate credit team.
- Supports global business units with credit risk management.
- Manages and collects on accounts within established terms and credit limits.
- Establishes and maintains customer credit limits within established policy parameters.
- Investigates and verifies the financial status and reputation of prospective and existing customers by reviewing and analyzing credit reports, financial statements, bank references, trade credit references, and payment history.
- Updates and maintains the customer credit files in compliance with credit policies.
- Effectively interacts with customers, sales organizations, all levels of management, credit associations, and banks.
- Reviews periodic customer account statements.
- Coordinates credit review of documentary export letters of credit.
- Performs complex analyses as assigned.
- Develops and improves metrics for departmental and company performance.
- Creates, analyzes and presents periodic management reports.
- Provides leadership on credit group projects, including process improvement and automation initiatives.
- Supportsaudit requests.
- Assists Global Credit & Risk Manager with corporate insurance policy renewals and other insurance related activities.
- Supervises non-supervisory employee(s).
POSITION QUALIFICATIONSSkills and Abilities
- Possesses a solid understanding of credit and collection practices.
- Critical thinker with the ability to evaluate information from multiple sources, identify trends and effectively propose solutions orally, in meetings or presentations.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers and business partners.
- Solid dispute resolution skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate in challenging situations.
- Must have a strong customer service focus that enhances positive relationships within the organization and externally.
- Effectively collaborates with various internal business functions to resolve issues and increase cross functional effectiveness.
- Understands accounting and financial statement analysis, with the ability to analyze detailed financial data and translate results into customer credit line decisions.
- Able to drive change by identifying, proposing and implementing improvements to eliminate, simplify, standardize and automate processes.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to inspire and coach team members.
- Solid organizational and time management skills with ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment with multiple changing priorities and deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance or a related field (Required)
- Five to seven years of experience in credit & collections, finance or a related field (Required)
Education and Experience
- Excellent computer skills with interest and ability to learn and implement new systems.
- Advanced: MS Excel
- Intermediate:MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, SharePoint, Accounting/ERP systems