Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
Not Specified years
Posted 58 days ago
This position is not open to outside search firms or recruiters. Candidates should apply directly online for consideration. Position is located in Angleton Texas. Please confirm the location is ideal for you prior to applying online. Technology Drive Angleton, Texas 77515
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Participate in the management of the Company's accounting processes and controls, including financial and SEC reporting, policy development and shared service organizations.
• Perform monthly reviews of site financials and reporting packages with the identification of variances and issues.
• Perform ongoing balance sheet reviews of site information to help assure that financials provided are in compliance with GAAP, SOX controls and Company policies.
• Management of revenue recognition process including contract review, coordination with site controllers, calculations and analysis.
• Management of lease accounting including review of contracts and maintenance of lease accounting software.
• Participate in the management of the quarterly and annual audit by outside public accounting firm.
• Identify and implement streamlined internal accounting processes and controls, including RP and other tools for process improvement.
• Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, this position will help manage the technical accounting and reporting, accounting compliance and shared services activities for the Company. S/He will play a critical part in the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles. Collaborates with, and advises, the site controllers on technical accounting and other matters. This position will participate in process improvement activities related to monthly closing, accounting and shared services processes. This position will also provide support to senior management including preparing ad-hoc analysis, financial presentations, and other projects as requested.
• CPA required.
• Minimum of 15 years' experience, including public accounting and industry, with controller experience a plus.
• SEC reporting experience.
• Process and change management experience.
• Strong technical competence and business orientation.
• Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills; ability to listen and extract important information; ability to assess situations, identify audit issues and offer relevant recommendations and practical solutions.
• Ability to interact comfortably with senior and executive management.
• Exercise good judgment and maintain the confidentiality and security of sensitive or confidential matters.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited institution in accounting, finance, management, information systems or related field