Assistant Coordinator Clinical Care Hospital
KidsPeace - Orefield, PA
This position is responsible for overseeing clinical services to clients including Supervision, administration and staff development as directed by the Director of Social Services. In some cases, this position will provide counseling services to clients directly through individual, family, and/or group counseling sessions.
Job Duties / Essential Functions
- Complete Etime for direct reports.
- Active Member of Program Integrity Committee.
- Participate in the hiring process by conducting interviews for Case Manager, Intern, and Clinician positions.
- Complete audits as assigned by DSS.
- Ensure assigned clinicians are provided individual & group supervision hours toward licensure and track this progression through the Clinical Pathway.
- Assign shadowing schedule for new clinicians and track completion of Orientation Checklist.
- Attend FLASH in place of DSS when needed.
- Attend treatment teams to identify complex cases and provide support.
- Partner withDirector of Social Services in the development and monitoring of agency-wide and hospital-specific qualitative and quantitative outcomes measures related to new initiatives, QIPs, and CAPs.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports as directed by supervisor.
- Complete formal evaluations and progressive discipline for any direct reports.
- Communicate unusual incidents/complex cases to DSS as necessary Maintain process group schedule.
- Leadership – Initiate action, make good judgments, give direction, and motivate others.
- Communication – Give clear information, verbally and in writing, listen effectively, negotiate, and get unbiased information.
- Write and evaluate effective treatment plans, counseling summaries and give feedback to others on good case note, treatment plan documentation.
- Clinical Knowledge – Recognize and collect information on innovative treatment, and intervention strategies or techniques from both inside and outside of the organization in order to promote program improvement.
- Knowledge of and capable of imparting behavioral and emotional interventions that can be applied in individual and family settings.
- Developing People – Train, coach, counsel, delegate, appraise people and performance and develop people so they can perform at a higher level or exercise a broader responsibility.
- Teamwork – Organize the area of responsibility, form and oversee teams to accomplish tasks, identify opportunities to work withothers, teach team skills, and contribute to harmonious environments.
- Interdepartmental Cooperation – Form successful working relationships withothers outside the area of responsibility, identify problem areas or areas of potential cooperation, and work effectively on common concerns.
- Autonomy – Function independently to meet and exceed job specific minimum expectations of delivery of services and support to clients, teams, supervisees, and others.
- Compliance – Understands and rigorously follows all of the compliance policies and procedures of KidsPeace.
Qualifications (Education, Training, and Experiences)
- Masters Degree in counseling, psychology, social work or other related degrees in Human Services, Mental Health, or Mental Counseling.
- Active LPC or LCSW is required.
- Experiencepreferred is within 3-5years with a minimum of one year of clinical supervisionrequired and a minimum of two years of direct treatment experiencewith children/adolescents.
Job Type: Full-time
- direct treatment: 2years
Required licenses or certifications: