Assists the Controller in the establishment and maintenance of accounting principles, practices, and procedures for assigned area of the company. Additionally, assists in the development and maintenance of planning and budgeting systems, the preparation of financial and management reports and procedures, and the presentation of findings and specific recommendations to senior management.
- Direct the daily functions of the applicable Accounting department, including but not limited to: planning, prioritizing, and directing work flow, acting as a resource for questions, and interfacing with senior management.
- Assist Controller with budgeting, financial analysis, regulatory reporting, quarterly and annual filings, research, and other tasks as needed.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reporting services to senior management and regulatory authorities.
- • Perform internal control procedures and exercise initiative to identify and explain variances and unusual items.
- Create various schedules required for internal and external reporting, both on a Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) basis and as required by Statutory Accounting Principles.
- Interact with both external and internal auditors related to financial results, flux analysis, and trend analysis.
- Design, review, and recommend financial and accounting policies, processes, procedures, and technology to meet internal and external reporting requirements, improve operation efficiency, and safeguard corporate assets. Plan and execute implementation.
Position Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA Preferred
- 8 years of progressive accounting experience
- Proven track record of mentoring and developing associate and staff level accountants