8 - 10 years experience • Medical Devices & Diagnostics
Our client, a manufacturer of life-saving and enhancing products, is seeking an Assistant Controller to join their divisional leadership team. The position will report directly into a divisional CFO and will participate in strategic initiatives within the 1B+ revenue division. Our client is exceptionally acquisitive, so candidates that have prior exposure in all aspects of pre and post-acquisition are ideal. This position has a strong history of promotion within the company and candidates should expect a short track to the CFO seat.
This position coordinates all aspects of general accounting, including general ledger, consolidating, reporting, commissions, sales tracking, and payroll. Coordinates the efforts between General Accounting and other departments and divisions. This position aids in construction of Sales Force Commission Plan and Financial Analyses on business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the selection, orientation, development, and retention of a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out the responsibilities of the General Accounting function.
- Coordinates annual budget cycles and reviews departmental projections and capital and balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for integrity and accuracy of all reporting.
- Reviews month-end financials, investigate areas of question.
- Through active communication, remains informed on marketing programs and Research and Development projects and the priority of each.
- Maintains good working relationships with all commercial disciplines.
- Completion of year-end closing schedules: Annual Report, 10-K, Tax Package.
- Actively participates in major project teams.
- Administration and Compliance to Corporate and divisional policies and procedures including SOX.
- Special assignments as determined by Division CFO
- Manage multiple deliverables under tight deadlines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in the use of a personal computer with an intermediate level of keyboarding skills, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, JDEdwards, Hyperion and PeopleSoft.
- Strong interpersonal skills required in the areas of verbal and written communications, customer focus, professionalism, coaching, and team building.
- Strong listening and assessment skills
- Strong questioning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Accounting degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years experience in general accounting within a manufacturing environment.
- Five years supervisory experience is preferred. CMA or CPA is a plus.
- Cost Accounting experience is very beneficial.