The Finance team wears many hats – as analysts, strategists, forecasters and liaisons to Wall Street. Whether it's providing analysis to support business decisions, managing the financial needs of an innovation-focused organization, or partnering across the company to drive results, our passion is providing the analytical horsepower and funding to support OnDeck's strategic plan. We're results focused, but love our jobs and are always having fun – and we like it that way.
As an Assistant Controller at OnDeck, you will be primarily responsible for the accounting and reporting of our international operations as well as supporting the domestic accounting team on day-to-day accounting and reporting of our domestic operations and reporting. Firsthand experience working directly on foreign currency matters, CTA, hedging, consolidation of foreign currency financial statements including cash flows, etc., is a definite plus. Working knowledge of IFRS is also a plus, but not required. Strong general corporate accounting skills including strong command of U.S. GAAP, performing reconciliations, performing and reviewing monthly closing procedures, consolidations and financial reporting are required.
As an Assistant Controller, you will:
- Be responsible for developing, where needed, and maintaining accounting policies and procedures between the parent company and international operations.
- Be the primary point of contact between parent and foreign subsidiaries' accounting staff
- Support both the foreign subsidiaries as well as the U.S. accounting team on monthly and quarterly close procedures, including the review of corporate transactions (ie, global FX and global intercompanies).
- Monitor and maintain compliance with transfer pricing and inter-company agreements
- Support external auditors as required
- Help develop, maintain and monitor SOX controls and procedures
- Work on ad-hoc projects and reporting
Qualifications for success:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- You have 6-10 years of total experience working as an Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller, or Auditor at a major/mid-level accounting firm or for a public company. Financial Services experience a plus.
- You are a CPA with a strong command of GAAP. Working knowledge of IFRS is a definite plus.
- You have a strong background with financial reporting, and financial statement preparation including inclusion of foreign currency financial statements into USD denominated parent financials.
- You have experience with journal entries, internal controls, as well as preparation participation in external audits
- You maintain the highest standards of accuracy, precision, discretion, and confidentiality
- You are skilled in MS Excel and have experience in various accounting software (NetSuite knowledge is a plus)
- You are comfortable working independently as well as working in a team environment and can multi-task while managing deadlines
- You embrace new skills and concepts quickly and efficiently
Preferred Experience (not required):
- Experience supporting accounting for M&A transactions