Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, organize, implement and evaluate the Mid-Atlantic Region’s financial close function and performance.
- Provide strategic advisory to regional Controller on operational efficiencies, financial policies, and business strategy
- Assist with annual budgets and forecasts, including identify major drivers and opportunities/risks; update as needed
- Provide regular financialreporting and analysis to both regional and corporate management
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties year-over-year variations of actual or projected financial result
- Analyze, understand, and explain to relevant parties any variations of actual results from budget/forecast
- Manage policy adaptation as it relates to Financial and Operational functions within the Mid-Atlantic, including but not limited to revenue tracking, client billing and invoicing, commission splits and producer payments, payables and expense processing and vendor agreements and contracts.
- Evaluate Finance and Operations team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness; Provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities of individuals
- Perform final payroll review and approval of bi-weekly paychecks; advise payroll as to monthly producer commission amounts
- Advise on and resolve any producer payout disputes or conflicts
- Plan and execution of financial and operational integration of any regional sub-acquisitions
- Determine and procure required region-specific software or other systems/subscriptions
- Oversight of daily cash receipts and bank account management and reconciliation.
Bachelors or better in Finance or related field.
Masters or better in Business Administration.
Must be able to accommodate up to 25% overnight travel
Must possess personal and business integrity with an energetic style demonstrated by a positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Must be a well-organized, self-starter who can effectively articulate business plans and deliver results.
Strong interpersonal, employee development, performance management and leadership skills.
Must be able to develop and create excellent planning, budgeting and forecasting tools to drive the profitable growth agenda while leveraging internal and external resources.
Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate complex business problems and provide well thought out solutions.
Ability to collaborate and develop strong relationships with all levels of personnel within the organization.
Demonstrated ability to learn the business and have a business and customer centric approach to finance and accounting leadership
Ability to effectively manage a financial accounting monthly close overseeing staff at remote locations.
Must be able to develop, document and execute detailed budgets and forecasts and to provide financial support in the development of business plans.
Strong understanding of the financial management, forecasting, budgeting process and business performance measurement systems.
Experience in agency management systems
Experience in overseeing the financial aspects of corporate acquisitions is a plus but not required.
Experience with Employee Benefits and P&C is required
Must have insurance agency/brokerage experience with business services, professional services, or consulting type firms
Experience in a continuous improvement, highly collaborative and matrixed organization with the ability to lead process improvement and affect change
A minimum of 10 years finance and accounting experience in a rapidly growing organization with at least 5 years in a managerial position
Must have prior experience at the AVP or Director Level, with corporate or business unit financial leadership, P&L, and balance sheet responsibility
Bachelor’s degree in Financing or Accounting required
Epic experience is preferred
MBA or CPA a plus.