This is an excellent opportunity to join the dynamic accounting team of a world class multi-billion dollar Asset Management Firm as an Assistant Controller
Located in New York City and reporting to the VP of Finance, the Assistant Controller will:
- Be involved in all aspects of the general ledger including the month end close and the preparation of financial statements.
- Manage, review, reconcile, and prepare analyses for balance sheet and income statement accounts, including bond positions and mark to market valuation review.
- Prepare supporting documentation and post journal entries within accounting system.
- Record and manage cash movements, as well as, prepare wire transfers and manage / review prime brokerage account and hedging activity.
- Assist with the budgeting and forecasting process
- Be the point person on the annual audit
- Manage a team of 2 accounting professionals.
Ideal candidate will have a BS in Accounting and 4-7 years of accounting or audit experience. A CPA and advanced Excel skills are required. Growth potential is tremendous and this company offers an exceptional benefits package with a great 401(K) match.