NETGEAR is looking to hire a self-motivated professional Assistant Controller. With oversight of a number of key functional areas, the Assistant Controller will be a strong collaborative leader with excellence technical knowledge and with strong business acumen.
- Provide management to reporting and compliance teams; revenue accounting, cost accounting, g/l & consolidations team, SEC reporting. Mentor and develop the accounting team by providing career development opportunities.
- Ensure timely and accurate financialreporting and SEC filings 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings as required.
- Updating/develop, manage and implementing corporate financial policies to ensure current GAAP and SEC compliance. Lead adoption efforts for new accounting pronouncements.
- Provide leadership in the efficient planning and execution of the external audits of the financials and internal audits over accounting results, processes and internal controls.
- Managing the Monthly Close and Reporting Cycle: Drive the overall accounting close process in an efficient and effective manner
- Global Process Owner for certain business processes including ownership of design and efficient enhancement of processes while maintaining controls integrity compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley. Oversee the documentation of all internal controls pertaining to the accounting and reporting functions, identifying gaps and correcting them, and identifying and implementing improvements in the overall control structure and doing so consistent with the growth of the company.
- Implement process improvements and work effectively with executive management.
- Proactively identifying, researching, consulting and drafting technical memorandums.
- Involvement in M&A activity, where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
- 10+ years of accounting experience is required. SEC Reporting experience with a large multinational corporation is required. 5+ years within a Big 4 firm desired.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding and communicating technical accounting issues specific to the technology industry.
- CPA or international equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborative management style.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, writing and presentation skills.
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle, Essbase/Smartview, is a plus.