Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the monthly Corporate Closing & Review – Review & post Journal entries, review departmental and holding company actuals and prepare variance analysis. Includes review and approval of account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Financial Reporting on the monthly closing and monthly forecast process. Review and certify all financial statements.
- Manage quarterly close to ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables. Includes quarterly financial statement and footnote preparation.
- Oversee the Annual Operating Plan process for the Company. Includes the Corporate Overhead departments and Corporate Allocation calculations.
- Liaison with outside actuaries and consultants on the annual OPEB valuation and stock valuation.
- Manage the year-end closing process and Annual Report Process. Prepare all financial statements and work with internal and external resources on the preparation and publication of the Annual Report.
- Manage the Global Business Services center of the Company, currently responsible for activities associated with payables, expense reporting, check generation.
- Monthly Corporate Closing & Review – Review & post Journal entries, review departmental and holding company actuals and prepare variance analysis.
- Calculate Variable Compensation success factors and prepare all accruals. Meet with HR annually to discuss plans and participants. Prepare VC summary for the CEO and M&C committee with Year-end certification.
Education/Specialized Knowledge & Required Skills/Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Either a CPA or MBA required
- 7 - 12 years accounting experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years management or supervisory experience
- Multi-entity consolidation experience including international entities, FX conversion and intercompany eliminations
- Financial or business process re-engineering
- Big 4 Accounting or large busienss consulting firm experience including manufacturing experience
- Displays a strong business acumen and aptitude for learning
- Works well in the Company culture, similar values and approach and demonstrates respect for people
- Hands-on and detailed oriented with the ability to see the big picture
- Upside potential and desire for further leadership roles within Company - Finance or Non-Finance roles
Our employees are our strongest asset, and their safety, health, and well-being is our highest priority. We respect the individual by providing opportunities for professional and personal development. Our Principles drive us to create an inclusive workplace where employees share core values, show dignity and respect toward others, and work hard to achieve their best performance.