is a values and integrity-driven workforce solutions firm specializing in finance, accounting, information technology, and human resources. Our services include professional and executive recruitment, contractstaffing, consulting, and advisory solutions.
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE & VALUE PROPOSITION: F.A.I.T.H. Resources has partnered with a well-established and highly successful financial services company located in Downtown Los Angeles. This newly created position will oversee daily accounting and financialreporting functions, reporting directly to the VP Corporate Controller. Additionally, the Assistant Controller will work on various special projects related to process improvement and business transformation. Our client partner is offering a strong compensation package, an excellent work environment and culture, and unlimited opportunities for continuous professional growth and advancement.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Controller
POSITION SUMMARY: The successful candidate will oversee daily accounting and financial reporting functions, including G/L, A/P, Payroll, tax, etc. The Assistant Controller will also establish strong internal controls and oversee the firm's financial management systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct daily operations in general accounting, reporting and analysis, regulatory, tax and payroll
- Manage monthly departmental P&L statements to ensure all allocations and accruals are properly made
- Oversee financial regulatory functions and create procedures or methods to apply new regulatory rules of initiatives
- Oversee compilation of GAAPreporting, management financial statements, profit plan and consolidated financial statements
- Manage and serve as point of contact for all financial and regulatory external audits
- Provide analysis and serve as a main point of contact for all financial regulatory manners throughout the year
- Train, mentor, hire, promote and discipline staff and managers as necessary
- Participate as a member of financial management committees
- Answer questions, conduct analysis and prepare reports as requested by senior management.
- Work with counterparts within other entities to coordinate accounting processes and transactions
- Hold department meetings and run small group and focused meetings to discuss firm and group matters and to implement new processes, changes and procedures
- Manage departmental processes to improve efficiency and establish new processes as rules, systems and procedures change
- A minimum of 7years of experience and at least 3years as a controller or assistant controller
- Experienced managing an accounting team
- Financial services or investment industry experiencerequired
- Public accounting background and an active CPA license is highly desirable
- Public accounting and financial services/ investment industry combination experience highly desired
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills are a must
- A manner and presentation consistent with a highly professional image and the exercise of mature judgment
- A willingness and demonstrated ability to work productively and independently in a fast-paced, challenging, and demanding professional environment
At F.A.I.T.H. Resources, we are committed to our ethical principles and core values, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity.